Thursday, May 13, 2010

ANOTHER AWESOME, SOME MAY SAY CUNNING PLAN FROM THE MIND OF COZ


Hal is leaving us in early June to travel home. Our grand experience will be over, at least until the next one comes over.
My first idea was to fly to LA a couple of days early and have some adventures before putting him the plane.
A couple of years ago there was grand plans to have direct flights from Flag to LA everyday and they were cheap too. Rob and I took advantage of it when we popped down to see Nick Cave at the Hollywood Bowl. So cool.
I guess it didn't make money cause now the flights are crap. The most direct flight leaves in the afternoon and the rest go through Phoenix with 6 hr lay overs.
It was mentioned I could drive but its 7 hrs and that would take up a whole day.
I was pondering our plight while walking the dogs when it struck me, like a hand from above guiding me to the One True Place.
Las Vegas baby.
So is this awesome or what?!
Hal and I leave Thursday and drive the 4ish hrs to Vegas, pausing to check out Hoover Dam and arrive in time to check in to The Excalibur and go to the Tournyment of Kings Dinner and Show.
People allergic to horses enter at your own risk.
If anyone wants any gewgaws..?

Vegas is wierd, I know that may come as a surprise but its true. One of the many many ways it flaunts this is the prices of rooms. Thursday night we get a room for $25. On Friday and Saturday it goes up to over $100. Never go to Vegas on the weekend is the moral..ha.. of the story.
Promise Kate, I won't let him get married by or to Elvis or gamble his kidneys on the Craps Table.

Next day drive the 5ish hours to LA.
The plan there is to check out La Brea Tar Pits. Who can pass by the pools of skeleton filled tar and walls of Dire Wolf skulls. Rob and I liked it so we are fairly sure Hal will to.
Saturday will be either Disney Land or Universal Studios or something of that ilk. His flight isn't till 10pm so we want something fun but exhausting so he will sleep on the plane home.

I will then drive back on Sunday. Was kinda hoping Rob could fly down Friday night and we could drive back together but I understand it does fall into the 'pain in the arse' category so I'll stock up on music and audiobooks and hoon back. I've done it before so its not really a big problem.




And now a bedtime story.....but its not helping me sleep..