Sunday, February 20, 2011



DOUBLE WHAMMY


It's snowing again, after 7 weeks of clear skies. Expecting 10-18inchs in the next couple of days. That's winter in the high desert for ya.

I got my results back from my tummy bug. It seems I have a bug called Blastoystis hominis.
Usually you don't treat it, but because I have symptoms the Doc thought it best to put me on Metronidazole, which it the exact same drug with give the critters at work when then get an oggly tummy.
According to Wiki-" Blastocystis hominis has a widespread geographic distribution and is found at a rate of 5-10% in most developed countries, and a rate of up to 50% in less developed areas. High rates of infection are also found in individuals in developed countries who work with animals."

Here is was blaming the Colorado River for my plight, when it probably is due to the butt sniffing beasts I live and work with.
Apart from that we are both super lurgied. Rob got ill on Monday, I thought I dodged it until Thursday it hit me and I can barely move. The worst flu like attack we both have had in years. I would say I'm a weak as a kitten, but if you have ever tried to hold one of the little buggers while taking a temp or drawing blood, you will know that tinyness is most deceptive.


I drove through the snow to work today and they promptly sent me home, its slushy and slippery out there. Will need to venture forth at some point, I'm almost out of tea bags. Will have to start rationing my Cups of Brown Joy, and that's just not cricket.

In more interesting news, we have booked our flights home YAY!!!
Rob is staying just over 3 weeks (pesky work wants him back) and I'm staying 5 weeks. After 3 years I may as well make it worth the while. Hoping to do a week in NZ with Kate and co, it's less than $300 return and a weeks roadtrip sounds like fun. North Island or South Island, any suggestions?

Had my first exam the other week. It was just 50 multiple choice and 3 written questions for extra credit. I got 52/53...woohoo. The highest in the class. Oh yeah, I rock the Neolithic!

Oh yeah. Republicans, I hate you and all you stand for.